Saturday, March 21, 2015

HETCH HETCHY IMPRESSION -ABSTRACT by don robbins poicture/painting

   I painted this more from memory than for exact realism. In some way I would think to line abstract it. The close up scene of the water fall that I painted as a child; (given to Okeeffe for Mendiceno California art Show) My Grandma knew her. I remember the scene from a children's book that was used by my Grandma when she went to school. The picture of Hetch Hetchy was illustrated on the cover of the book. It was a sketch. There was a rabbit in the foreground and some flowers. Grandma told me that when she was a child they would go there for the Spring sometimes to see the valley. To play in the water falls. To swim in the river. And be happy. I painted the picture for her and she showed it to O'Keeffe. She put it in her display at Mendiceno that year. My Grandma was happy. I was happy. I wanted for her to see Hetch Hetchy again. She wanted the world to. 
RESTORE HETCH HETCHY OFFICIAL SITE:


No comments:

Post a Comment

comment now!!!