Thursday, March 26, 2015

"Dangerous Medicine"- A Brief On The Problems Associated With Generalized Testing In Diagnosis

In my case:   by Don Robbins- (Dr. House)
             *A brief on the problems associated with diagnosis under generalizef testing procedures.

The initial diagnosis - from generic (generalized) testing resulted in missed diagnosis. The response was to order the same generalized tests and compare the outcomes on points  that related to the area of the diagnosis or validated suspicion. 
   Making a determination from the same tests, by comparing results, was the method of seeking answers to the question of what caused the symptoms in the first place.
    When there were no specific evidential points to validate a reason for a symptom, there was no particular symptoms to suggest a cause of suffering. And treatment became a guess with respect to a proper diagnosis of the patient.
     In my case that meant that heart disease and up the point of  heart failure was never diagnosed. 
     I was very fortunate that permanent damage to the heart muscles did not occur. At the point of collapse, internally, of the veins in my heart- that caused a sensation like suffocation and extreme weakness- I was further misdiagnosed with a reaction to something and given a analgesic medication. Consequently, the lack of oxygen to my system from the blockage of the veins in my heart, weakened my heart and caused a depletion in oxygen levels internally within my heart muscles. But did not cause complete heart failure or arrest, at that time.
    There still, was no diagnosis of heart disease or heart failure from examination or testing. 
     Eventually my heart failed. Upon hearing from the doctor in the emergency room that I was suffering from a heart attack, I was in disbelief.
I had never been told I had anything wrong with my heart. I was never diagnosed with any ailments. 
    The question is: If generalized testing results in misdiagnosis, is the policy of generic testing under the Affordable Health care Act, constitutional?
    I believe that it is not. I believe that diagnosis without criteria is unethical. Care without proper diagnosis because of systematic/generalized testing is dangerous medicine.  

      
     

1 comment:

comment now!!!