Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Hypocritical Bigots I Grew Up With In Oklahoma -Reverse Discrimination

   If your a discriminating person, they don't like you. If they don't like you to begin with, they call you a racist.  Calling people racist justifies their bigotry and their allies in lies, and hatred towards people.


   I grew up in a completely hypocritical society in Oklahoma. Every form of bigotry was accepted except politically intolerant forms. Discrimination against African Americans, or Black people, was forbidden in any form. Usually any type of disfavor or ridicule towards Jewish people was considered hateful.  Anything else pretty much went unnoticed.
   I was labeled a racist in seventh grade at my junior high school by Black teachers and administrators.
   Making friends was difficult. I had a friend that I helped with his homework in exchange for using his textbook. I often helped people with homework for that reason. I was always borrowing books. Books had a tendency of coming up missing a lot. The library never had extra books to use if you lost one. 
   In case your wandering, parents dished out the money for books and supplies. If they didn't - you did without. 
    The friend I had was a Black kid in the same grade. I went over to his house, usually before school. (On my way to school). Sometimes after school. He was -let's say back then- they would call kids like him sissified. Today they would just say he was gay. 

  One day after school we were walking around the area where he lived. Black people often said or did hateful things to non Blacks, especially if you were alone and there were several of them. It was a very violent and hateful environment. If you walked home, through the hood after school no one bothered you much, except for the school bullies. But if you were in the area later, like after five or six o'clock it could be dangerous.
  As we were walking and talking about some things, these men came up to us and asked what the hell I thought I was doing in their neighborhood. And that I needed to go home. They wanted me to walk down a certain street to the main road and then walk down the road where they could see me. Like they could tell me what to do. I just said that I would walk home whatever way I wanted. Then they turned around and left. About five minutes later they came back with a shotgun. This time they pointed the gun at us and said they didn't have any queers walking around their neighborhood. 
  Me and my -my friend and I ran. They chased us. We wound up in this old mans yard that he knew and told him what happened. He got his gun and told them to leave his yard and to leave us alone. 
    That set into motion a series of events. Teachers, parents -police, neighbors. The church. 
    There was a meeting at the local Black church. The [police that were called about the incident were there and a couple of church leaders. Some parents attended -his parents- and a couple of teachers. A counselor from the school also came to the meeting. They held the meeting after church on Sunday.

   I expected the police to arrest the men who threatened us but that didn't happen. What happened was something I'll never forget.
   They talked among themselves like they were making fun of us and then they called us over to listen to a lecture they had prepared about things boys shouldn't be doing. As if they were accusing us of playing house with each other, or something like that. And that I wasn't supposed to be around other people in their neighborhood so I needed to walk down certain streets and not walk through the other school yard or cross in back of the church that set on the corner down from the junior high. 
    My friend got his lecture too. He sort of just acted like they were right but I couldn't contain myself. I got upset and talked back to the police and the preacher and told them that they were wrong and didn't have any right to tell me what public road to walk down. That day is when they started telling me to leave. They never stopped. 
   It's like a network of hate wherever I go, they find me and start their harassment. 
  I know the hypocrisy in the African American community when it comes to bigotry and hate and intolerance. They justify every bit of it with self righteous attitudes and rhetoric. 
    God will wipe out all the unrighteous. That means people they call names. Racist that are 12 years old are in that category too- I think that's what they meant. My friend was labled gay I suppose but I was just thought of as a racist. 
  To people who think it's proper to chase children down the street with guns and threaten them because it was teaching us a lesson, or they have rights but no one else does, that's is wrong. I mean they is wrong.
    
    
    
    

   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment now!!!