Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Poem- The Day Before November- In Paragraph.

"The Day Before November" The wind turned cold, I had to be bold Tomorrow would become November, So I buttoned my coat and went out for a stroll, On a day I'll always remember, Just down the lane, There stood a man with a cane Looked as old as the weather, He was waving at me and saying; could be, You'll not see me again in December. I searched this way and that, And along came a cat As black as the night of the hell bender, Then I got outta there and walked up the stairs Behind the old playing field by the park, It was getting pretty dark, by then, The moon was full as the clouds hung low like smoke bellowing out of the nostrils of a dragon. Back in the woods by the swing Where I used to play all alone I could hear witches cry and moan, Bewailing their spells on the newcomers, The graveyard chorus played a slow rhythmic song, Along with the headless drummer, Bats flew by as I started to cry and was wishing that I was back home Setting on my couch made of leather, Snuggled up by the fire, With a warm cup of chocolate, But that was near my fate, On the day before November, And all hallows eve was upon the living, The end of the bountiful season, The harvest came too soon , And the spirits were all quickly moving towards their new resting places, Like ghosts floating by - one by one, You could just barely see them but you better watch out!, They'll be out until the rising sun, Best run, best run, Away as fast as you can!, Before the midnight night bells strike or you'll be shunned, And cursed to walk the earth forever With the ghosts and spooks of Halloween And never be home again. Don Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment now!!!